According to the Downtown Surrey Business Improvement Association, these are the top 10 reasons in invest in Downtown Surrey.
1. #1 PLACE TO INVEST
#1 Place to Invest in BC as ranked by the Real Estate Investment Network for 4 consecutive years
#1 Place to Invest in Western Canada as ranked by the Western Investor in 2011
Labeled BC’s “Start-up City” by BC Business Set to become Western Canada’s next great creative city
Set to become Western Canada’s next great creative city
2. THE FASTEST GROWING MUNICIPALITY IN B.C.
Surrey City Centre is located within the 2nd largest city in BC and 12th largest in the country.
• Surrey averages 800 – 1000 new residents per month
• Hosts 48 per cent of the region’s industrial land.
• $1.1 billion private sector investment in Surrey City Centre
• $1.16 billion in public sector investment in Surrey City Centre
Transportation in Surrey is all about options: driving, cycling, walking, taking transit or finding a new smarter travel choice. Throughout Surrey, you’ll see:
• 1332 bus stops (948 accessible stops), the second highest percentage of accessible stops in the region.
• 210 bus shelters
• 648 bus benches
4. BUSINESS OUTREACH PROGRAM
The City of Surrey is committed to building a positive business environment and encouraging the growth of its 19,000 local businesses. Since 2009, the Business Outreach Program has helped existing and new Surrey-based businesses develop and expand in Surrey.
5. RAPID TRANSIT
The City of Surrey is advocating we start now on building a Light Rail Transit (LRT) network to link communities South of the Fraser. The City’s LRT vision includes three lines:
• City Centre to Guildford, along 104 Avenue, with a connection to Highway 1
• City Centre to Newton, along King George Boulevard, with the opportunity for extensions further south in the future
• City Centre to Langley, passing through Fleetwood along Fraser Highway
6. SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY – SURREY CAMPUS
For 5 consecutive years, Simon Fraser University has topped Maclean’s list of comprehensive universities across Canada and established its Bing Thom-designed Surrey campus in 2002. The vibrant community hub sits in the heart of Surrey City Centre and is conveniently located beside the Surrey Central transit station.
7. BUILD SURREY PROGRAM
The multi-million dollar Build Surrey program streamlines the approval processes to encourage the build-out of Surrey City Centre. It features new capital projects, such as recreation centres, artificial turf fields, pedestrian and cycling trails, police and fire facilities, and new parkland developed across the city. Surrey City Centre has already seen fantastic results of the Program:
• Award-winning, 75,000 square-foot Downtown Library
• Covered outdoor youth park
• Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre
• Senior’s Space
8. CORPORATE MIGRATION
An increasing number of head and regional offices are moving to the City Centre including Price Waterhouse Coopers, Macquarie Hunter, Citizenship & Immigration, Fraser Health and more.
9. TAX BENEFITS
Surrey has the lowest property taxes and the second-lowest business taxes in Metro Vancouver
10. 500 ACRES OF LAND DEVELOPMENT AVAILABLE
Surrey has approximately 46% of Metro Vancouver’s total vacant industrial land
Catch a glimpse of Downtown Surrey’s projected growth here.